1 cup jaggery
1 cup roasted peanuts
1 tbsp ghee
- Melt the jaggery in a pan and add the ghee.
- Continue cooking the jaggery on low heat till it slightly changes color and bubbles start to appear.
- That’s when you check the consistency by dropping a little bit of the syrup in a bowl of cold water. Once cooled if it forms a hard ball and is brittle, then it’s the right consistency. Otherwise, cook it for another 30 to 60 seconds and check again.
- When the syrup is ready add the peanuts to it and mix well.
- Take it off the heat and spread on a greased surface. Be careful as the mixture will be very hot.
- Use a greased rolling pin to flatten it.
- Let it cool for 2 to 3 minutes and then with a knife cut it into the shape and size you like.
- Let it cool completely before you serve.