Mixed Veg Sabji
4 medium-size carrots
1 cup frozen peas
3 small potatoes
4 cloves of garlic
1” piece fresh ginger
3 chopped tomatoes
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 cinnamon stick
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1/2 tsp ajwain
- Chop onion, ginger, and garlic.
- Wash sprouts and remove any loose leaves.
- Wash and peel carrots and potatoes. Chop them into small pieces.
- Wash peas in a sieve to get rid of ice.
- Melt ghee in the cooking pan.
- Add asafoetida and cook on medium heat for a few seconds.
- Then add mustard seeds and cinnamon stick cook until mustard seeds crackle.
- Add ajwain and cumin and heat for few more seconds.
- Add chopped onions, ginger and green chilli.
- Cook until onions are soft and light brown.
- Add chopped garlic and tomatoes and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add turmeric and salt and cook for a few minutes.
- Add Brussels sprouts, carrots, peas, and potatoes into the pan and mix them well with the tadka.
- Cook on medium heat until potatoes are soft.
- Garnish the sabji with chopped fresh coriander.
- Serve it with chapattis and natural yogurt lightly sprinkled with chaat masala.