Peel of 1 large or 2 small bottle gourds
Coconut oil – 1 tbsp
Roasted peanuts – 2 tbsp
Garlic – 5 cloves
Green chillies – 2
Cumin seeds – 1tsp
Brown sugar – 1tsp
Salt – 1tsp or to taste
Juice of half a lemon
Coconut oil – 1tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
Chana dal – 1/2 tsp
Whole dried red chillis – 1 or 2
Curry leaves – 5 to 10
- Heat oil in a pan and add the peels.
- Cook for 5 to 10 mins to soften. Leave to cool.
- Once cooled grind the peels with the peanuts, salt, sugar, cumin seeds, garlic and chillis.
- Add a couple of tbsps of boiled water so it’s easier to grind.
- Mix in the lemon juice.
- Now prepare the tempering. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and the dals.
- Then add the red chillis and curry leaves.
- Pour this over the ground mixture and mix. Chutney is ready to eat.